Data Access and Usage Rules
All primary datasets collected at the Center for Research in Economics and Business (CREB) will be the property of CREB and permission will have to be sought from CREB for the use of the datasets. Once data access is approved, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will be signed between CREB and the researchers wishing to use the dataset before the release of data and any other information associated with it (such as the questionnaire, codebook, sampling methodology, final report etc.).
The objective of CREB is to build research capacity at the Lahore School of Economics, therefore we encourage, where possible, international researchers planning to use the data to seek collaboration with Lahore School of Economics faculty and staff.
These specific rules that will apply to the availability and usage of all primary data collected at CREB are as follows:
- A detailed abstract of the proposed research study, including how the data will be used, and all the authors will be provided to CREB for approval of data access.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will be signed between CREB and the researchers to set out the the rights and responsibilities of both parties in usage of data and any other information associated with it (such as the questionnaire, codebook, sampling methodology, final report etc.).
- The dataset (or any subset thereof) and any information associated with it will not be used, disseminated, transferred, referred to, cited or published for any other reason other than that for which access is approved.
- The usage of data and any other information associated with it will be restricted to the authors listed in the abstract of the study. Any change of authors must be communicated to CREB for approval of data access.
- All further dissemination of the dataset (or any subset thereof) is prohibited, except under circumstances authorized by CREB, such as to fulfill data release requirements for publication. In this case only the exact dataset used by the authors for their research would be allowed to be distributed and no other information such as the codebook, questionnaire, or other variables would be available for release.
- Upon completion or publication of research paper all copies of the full dataset and any other information associated with it should be destroyed; and a destruction of confidential information certificate by the researchers should be provided in writing to CREB.
- The intellectual property and other proprietary rights of data will remain vested with CREB.
- The appropriate citation for the data will be as follows: Center for Research in Economics and Business, “CREB Social Sector Survey”, 2011, Lahore School of Economics: Lahore.
Please complete the data access and use agreement form and send to email@example.com.